Landlord got cheque bounced and filed case for non payment of rent

I paid rent of month of july to the landlord through cheque on 5th of July. However, she didn't present it till 20th of july and on 20th juy I gave her a notice to vacate the house verbally. I got the cheque stopped from my bank but by that time she had presented the cheque in her bank which after 2 days got rejected/bounced. Now, I am asking her to give me back the rejected cheque but she is not ready to listen. Now, my question is that Can she file a lawsuit against me on this matter? or what shall i Do?

Hi Sir,

Yes sir, she can file a suit under section 138 under N.I Act. There are many things that I should know before I gave u a fair advice so we need to discuss the same. Kindly get in touch.

Regards,
Gurmoj goyal
(Advocate)

If you have paid the rent and wants to stay no more in same premese than you contact a lawyer get the notice issue to lond lord. And write in that notice that after so and so date I m not your tenat. The cheque which i have given you , kindly return and do not misuse that cheque. Otherwise he will issue a legal notice u/ s 138 ni act.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers