Is it legal to use residential properties for commercial purposes?

Is it legal to use residential properties for commercial purposes? I want to give my property to someone else as a commercial shop on monthly rent basis eg: automobile servicing shop etc. Can i do that? Is ther any legal formalities that i need to do ? Is there any conversion charge that i need to pay? I want to be sure and clear on this issue as much is happening in delhi relating to the sealing drive DDA MASTER PLAN.? HOPING FOR AN EARLY RESPONSE

Yes it is legal you can use residential property for commercial purposes and give the same on rent but only after conversing the use after the permission and deposit of conversion charges and without following the said process you will have to face the consequences of penalty and sealing.

Dear sir/mam
You cannot give/use any residential property on rent for commercial use. If your area is covered in mixed land use property then you can use that shop for commercial purpose but only those activites which is passed by MCD and other relevant authorities, after depositing conversion charges and relevant license.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers