How to get a premises vacated if the case has been disposed off

As i have filed a case in 2012 for vacation of a place which was rented. As i am the landlord, The judgment was disposed on 2015 for vacating the place in one month. But my lawyer said that he has appealed but according to the statement, his appeal date was 5 months later than the judgment day. now its being 6 years since case filed and his appeal papers are not in our hand. Please advice me how do i make him vacant the place now.

Answers (3)

284 votes

if you are the landlord and if you have an order to vacate the tenant from the premises, you can very well execute the Order. but you have mentioned that your lawyer has failed to file an appeal beyond the period of limitation which is what i am unable to understand. whatever it may be, right now you have a case in favour of you and you have all the right to vacate the tenant from the premises.
with regard to filing of appeal of appeal beyond 5 months from the date of judgemement, there is always a provision for condone delay and the delay can be condoned.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

222 votes

The court order obtained in your favour has to be examined in order to render a proper advice. Please ask the lawyer who filed your suit for a copy of the court order. Alternatively, you may get it from the court registry.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
342 votes

Hello Sir,
Your foremost task is to find out the status of the Appeal filed by the tenant upon your case Judgement, Which An Advocate would be able to help you out easily. Depending upon the Status can you make a decision as to how to proceed. If appeal is pending, you've to fight it out. If it's disposed in your favour then you can file an execution petition to vacate him from the premises.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."