How to fast track a case pending in rent control

My tenant is refusing to renew agreement which will result in increase in rent as the existing rent is very low comparison to valuation of the property mine is a commercial property. Hence I did not agree to accept rent and in turn he has put up the application to deposit rent at rent control. The matter is pendin g in rent control since 2014. What should I do?

Answers (1)

336 votes

First you collect---1. the valuation of your property and the 2. the rent of the near by rooms.
Then apply for the 'fair rent' before the rent controller, for the enhancement of the rent. It may serve your purpose.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."