How can I end our agreement and get the post dated cheques back?

We have an agreement for our flat for 27000rs and post dated cheques are given, but the owner is not fulfilling promised work, and the neighbors are too loud, this environment is not habitable. We would like to change the place, suggest a right way to do it, thank you

Answers (3)

60 votes

Always mention what type of Agreement is it. If it is a leave and license agreement or tenancy agreement, your location, security deposit, etc. Check for termination clause in your agreement. Give requisite notice and terminate your agreement. In the notice demand the PDCS back.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

87 votes

Firstly, if the environment is not habitable, then you can start searching for the new place. And also to request the landlord amicably that the said place is not suitable to you and you wish to change it and request him to return the amount you paid to him and also to return the post dated cheques. If he is not agreeable, then you can file FIR and then you can file recovery suit also and then leave the place.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
303 votes

1. Firstly , You talk to directly to the owner in amicably manner & tell about the said problems .

2. Secondly , If owner denied your valuable talking , then You send a notice subject to vacant of such flat mentioned the all details in that notice & demand for your post dated cheques .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."