High charges for water being charged by landlord. What to do?

I have been paying 600 Rs for water bill per month. Now since there is water shortage in the area am leaving in Bangalore, the landlord is getting water tanker and expecting me (and others) to pay extra for it on weekyl basis, which is approximate 1000 Rs extra per month, totalling 1600 Rs for me, which is too much. There are several homes here in one site, so from all of them he is asking to pay, depending on how much water he gets from the water tanker. Now the amount he is getting from all the individual home is very high, and the water bill is very less. What can i do about it?

See the owner don't have rights to raise immidiatly means without intimating the water charges and maintenance charges.rent ext. If they give you trouble just file the rent controle act include they should responsible repay how much ,they collected from you unnecessary...!

First of all you need to understand that water bill generated by the Government is different then what a water tanker would charge you. Secondly you can ask your landlord to divide the total among all who are sharing the water from the tanker. And in case its still not acknowledged by you then you may give notice and vacate the place.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

LH House, Bangalore