Complaint against tenant making a room being used as godown

People residing ground floor made a room used as godown.I want to know to whom I should complaining against him in Chandigarh.

Answers (1)

317 votes

You cannot comaplain. If the tenant is misusing your premises for a purpose that is not authorised under the chandigarh housing or building laws. Your premises could be resumed by the estate office even if it the tenant who is breaking the rules. And even if it does not violate any rule , you have a right to seek his eviction on the ground that he has made material alterations in the premises or that he is using it for a purpose which is not covered by the rent agreement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."