Can the landlord put an eviction notice later

I have a flat in a chawl in Mumbai (Under the pagdi system) where I live with my family. I want to move to a new location in pune. I plan to put the chawl flat on rent. The landlord is ready to sign on an agreement where we will share the rent received from the chawl flat. My query is can the landlord later on (in any way) put an eviction notice on the grounds that 1) I am not staying there and 2) that he has bonafide need for it (Even if he has explicitly agreed to share the rent received in the agreement)?

Yes he can... Even if you he has agreed for the same.. U better see your old rent agreement ..what it says about the sublet.. Even if you execute certain documents with new tenant he can challenge. Execute a fresh agreement seeking amendement in the old one.. Having a clause of subletting the premises

This is my response to you:
1. Take NOC from the landlord to let out the property on rent;
2. Enter into an agreement so that he is bound by its clauses;
3. Once you obtain the above two requisites then he cannot evict you;
4. Once the terms and conditions are laid down then the landlord cannot cheat you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

There is a remedy . We can include certain clauses in the agreement whch shall restrain him from doing so. contact for further assistance.................................................................