Can criminal case be initiated against tenant for non payment of rent

my tenant is not vacating my house.she is not paying rent but in court she is saying she had given cash to hand like liquid cash.she didn't gives us any money she is telling all lies .we didint sign on any receipt that we recieved amount there are no common witnesses there is no paper proof still she is claiming that she will get four witnesses .i think fake witnesses will court accept those four witneses is it valid court will give approval.i want to file criminal case on her .please give me advice.

Answers (1)

181 votes

sir, it is common allegation from every court bird in evidence. Mere producing oral 4 witness is not matter. How the witnesses have been cross examined is matter. In rent cases, there must support documents for paying of rent. Simply allegation is not proof of payment of rent. you assist your lawyer to examine properly. The court will not accept fake witness, if you establish the same. if you not properly deny the contents deposed by the fake witnesses, then court may consider the fake witness as proper. Both views are possible in all cases. So, the lawyers must careful under such circumstances.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."