Can a rent agreement be renewed without receipt for rent paid

I rented a house on 3rd november 2016 the rental agreement became lapse on 3rd october 2017. We still reside in the same house. There is no rent due but the landlord never agreed to renew agreement no he is asking us to leave the house as soon as possible. Otherwise should give him a months rent extra. What are my legal right? Is there a way I can make him renew agreement? PS: there is no receipt for rent paid

According to your details your rental agreement has been lapsed so you are not more in relationship of tenant and landlord and landlord has full right to ask eviction if not contrary to any clause of your prior agreement however you have a right to reside there on Bonafide requirements basis

You cannot make the landlord renew agreement but you can negotiate with him for renewal or enter into fresh rent agreement with fresh terms. And as you said, he has not agreed to renew the agreement, therefore legally , as long as you remain in possession, you are a month to month tenant and have no right to be in the premises beyond a month when you are served with legal notice to vacate. Of course, you should be paying rent through online transfer only in order to prove you don't have rent arrears as well.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Receipts of rent paid and renewal of a rent agreement are two different aspect and can happen. You please write specifically for what purpose you are asking. For a tenancy protected under rent control act, there is obligation on landlord to issue rent receipt but if it is a month to month tenancy on the basis of rent agreement there is no need to issue rent receipts. Please specify your quarry with more details.