Want to resign but notice period is not given due to health problem

I have resigned from my company stating personal reasons .When asked notice period I disclosed my personal reasons which was health problem. I submit all medical prescription (homeopathy) and medical for waving off my notice period as I m on complete bed rest.but the hr instead has send me legal notice to pay to the company 3 months salary. I m from middle class family my salary in this company was only 10000 even after 3 yrs of working .I have handed over all the assets to the company and cleared all the dues.kindly help

Actually everything depends on terms and conditions on which u where given employment by the company.Nobody Can go beyond that.I f there is a waiver clause in the agreement then u are on a better footing.

Let them further proceed against you and when you get any notice from any court them appear before it and represent the situations under which you resigned. You have not to take any legal action against the company