Want to claim wife's government job after her death

24-Mar-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
My wife worked for state government and last month due to accident she died. Now tell me how can I claim her job
Answers (2)

Answer #1
548 votes
Do you possess the eligibility for the post that got vacant due to the death of your wife?
The Supreme Court in its August 2013 judgement has held that death of a government employee in harness does not entitle the family to claim compassionate employment and the person seeking appointment must possess the eligibility for the post.
Further, the bench two judge bench also said that the competent authority should examine the financial condition of family of the deceased and job should be offered to the eligible family member only if it is satisfied that they would not be able to cope up with the crisis.
People also ask

Can I be hired if I am pregnant?

You can still get hired even if you are pregnant. You may want to highlight your enthusiasm and commitment for the job, and position yourself, despite the situation, as the best candidate. You can even make the most of your pregnancy. 03-Aug-2022

Can being pregnant disqualify you for a job?

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is a government agency that was created to protect employees from workplace discrimination. According to EEOC it is illegal to refuse to employ a qualified candidate because she is pregnant.

How many months maternity leave for government employees?

The Maternity Benefit Act of 1961 allows first- and second time mothers to take six months off, or 26 week. The mother is entitled to 3 months or 12 weeks of paid maternity leave for each subsequent child. 14-Aug-2023

Can you join a new job while pregnant?

Can you start a new job when pregnant?

Answer #2
823 votes
The government offers job to next of kin of deceased employee in order to overcome financial hardships. Usually the job is one grade lower. The appointment under indigent circumstances is based upon vacancy and financial status of youts. You need to submit an application to department of your wife with details of your assets and liabilities. If you have minor girl child it would help

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."