Spelling mistake in relieving letter how can I correct it

Hi, I was working in IT company last year for 14 months.They issued me offer letter with one last letter wrong in my name.They omit "t" from my name.after so many attempts i failed to correct my name in company system.So when i resigned they issued every document with wrong name(missing "t").Now when i want to show that documents to apply for jobs outside country I am facing issues due to wrong name.please suggest any legal way to get my name corrected in previous company records.

Answers (2)

157 votes

Hi, You can again write to the company asking for the correction in your name along with proofs of approaching them with the request for correction while working with the Company. if they do not comply with the request within 15 days issue them Legal Notice. Regds

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

you will have to approach the company and explain your difficulty and based on that if they give you any authorized letter stating that inadvertently they have issued relieving order with incorrect name of yours. That will suffice. If the company is out rightly declining to entertain your case then better send a formal representation letter to them and based on that you can get direction from the concerned court to change their records regarding your name as it is in your other original documents.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles