Employee absconding from company but still receiving salary

i am an ex employee of Barclays plc noida and i got absconded on 08th jan 18 due to immediate joining in different company and still i had been credited with jan and feb month salary from barclays. Will there be any complication if i don't inform them??

Answers (4)

You cannot be an Ex Employee of a company and still get a salary from the same.
Resignation/Termination clause generally has a set standard of informing in writing a month prior before resignation.
Kindly provide some more details and re frame your question to make it lucid for better advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes surely you are going to be in trouble. Barclays paid you salary wrongly and since you have been absconding from your duties you have lost all rights to receive salary. You are advised to return the salary wrongly received for the whole time period you have not worked. Further you are advised to send apology letter and fulfil all the terms and conditions of the letter of appointment. Failing which you can be charged with offences under IPC and labour laws.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Yes, they can legally recover this salary which has been wrongly credited into you account. Inform them of this, and offer to refund.....................................................................

Lucky Man.
Its unbelievable that due to immediate joining you did not have time to even sent an email to the old company that you are resigning from there.
Complications /Problems will come soon. or it will be better to inform immediately.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

Hello, After i left the company my full and final statement is issued by company with a Huge deduction of bond (Rs.150000) . I have not signed any Bon…

Read More

Hi Mr Mathew my name is anchit I resigned from a company and was serving notice period by didn't serve the last three days of the notice and reque…

Read More

I passed my departmental tests late than my juniors and lost my seniority. Can I fight my seniority.…

Read More

I am employed in a PSU and have signed a bond of Rs. 3 Lakhs. I came to know that PSU declares the bond amount as per the expenditure it incurs for th…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue