How to respond to notice sent by wife for divorce on mutual consent

We both are belong to hindu religion and classmates, loved each other and married in 2010. My wife is government employee and i am working in private company. Like every other couple we had small misunderstandings and small fights that i never though are big and forget it. Three months ago we had small fight and she left the house and went to her parents house. I literally begging her to come back from all these 3 months but she never listen to me. Now she sent a notice for divorce on mutual consent and telling all silly reasons and fights we had starting form our marriage time which I don't even remember. She mentioned all false information for the sake of divorce. I heard all our laws are more women friendly. Please advise me how to respond to the notice. I don't want to agree all the false allegations she made on me and my parents. Thanks so much Regards, Kumar

Answers (3)

243 votes

Dear Client,
You must take legal assistance for issuing reply. You must send the copy of legal notice sent by your wife. You must deny all allegations which were made against you which were not true. Take Legal advise of an expert advocate who deals in family cases.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

Hello sir,

First you send reply to the notice by denying the allegations and request her to join with your conjugal society to lead marital life with you. Sir, are you having children? if so,what is their ages. You meet her and try to solve it amicably.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
316 votes

Have you received the notice from advocate. What exactly you want you have not mentioned. Whether you want to counter the notice and challenge the same in court of law or you are willing to give divorce as per your wife's notice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles