How to convert a contested divorce into a mutual divorce

Its my brothers matrimonial case. He got married three years back, they have not been living together and the girl only stayed for a few months with him. Earlier she was ready for a mutual separation but now she is refusing. what are the tactics that we can use to bring her on the settlement table and go for a mutual separation.

Answers (2)

58 votes

In these kind of situations it is always asvisable to talk to the parties their parents along with the well wishers of the society and then settle the matter amicably since both the parties doesn't want to reside togather .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

298 votes

Respected sir,
As per your grievances I would like to inform you that there is no tactics in law who brings her on the settlements table unless and untill she amicable accepts mutual settlement. As per Hindu law you can file divorce and seek split the whole relationship with her. I can only assist you on legal points and as per the law of settlements it happens amicably without any force. So try to ask legal query So that I can assist you in better manner. Need more query then call me through lawrato.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles