Divorce without mutual consent from the husband for mental torture

i and my husband belong to Hindu community married in 1991. We both are hailing from kerala but right now residing in pondicherry for more than 25 years. Within few years of my marriage i got to know he is affected by some mental problems and when referred to doctor got to know that it will reoccur and can never be cured completely. By i time i knew all these 9 yrs passed and i had 2 girl child. I was in a situation i couldn't go back and live with my parents and for my children i digested all torture he did till now. Now i'm weak mentally and physically and cant tolerate him anymore. About filling a case regarding divorse he will not give a mutual consent and he has property ancestral and which he bought on his own. How can i apply for a divorse and alimony? I dont wanna tolerate him even for a second. Can u pls help me?

Answers (2)

104 votes

You can apply for divorce individually on the grounds of cruelty but you are required to prove such mental tortures and physical cruelties before the court. Regarding alimony, you can get for which you have to procure title documents of your husband's properties and his income structure. Important thing you needs to decide is the custody of your two daughters, think before you proceed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

You can file a petition under sec.13 of Hindu Marriage Act for divorce. If his unsoundness of mind is incurable you can file divorce on that ground alone. Otherwise you can file petition for divorce on the cruelty also. You can also claim permanent alimony.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles