What is the immigration process for Honk Kong?

What is the immigration process for Hong Kong? Kindly help and let me know any genuine agencies who deal with the immigration process.

Answers (1)

75 votes

We would need more details from you (your education, work, etc.) to provide you the exact process of immigration applicable to you as immigration is granted based on many factors. We are covering generic immigration terms below:

The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a quota-based scheme in Hong Kong. This scheme includes skilled individuals and entrepreneurs who wish to stay in Hong Kong in order to begin their professional career and start their businesses.

The basic eligibility for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme are as under:

a) Applicants age must between 18-50 years old at the time of filing application.

b) Applicants must be capable of supporting themselves financially in getting accommodation, as well as their dependents.

c) Applicants must having a good character and must not having any criminal record. The applicant should be able to provide Police clearance certificate for all countries where he/she has stayed for more than 12 months in last 10 years.

d) Applicants must have the proficiency on written, as well as spoken English or Chinese. Applicants with a score of average of 6.0 in IELTS are eligible to apply under QMAS.

e) Applicants must have a good background when it comes to education.an applicant should have an undergraduate degree, from a recognized university/institution in first class. If an applicant does not possess a degree, his/her technical qualifications, professional experience and achievements are taken into consideration. Applicants with higher post graduate degrees stand an excellent chance in getting application accepted.

Usually an immigration route available is to obtain a Hong Kong visa as a skilled professional. Some of the routes are listed herein below:

If you were educated in Hong Kong as a full-time student and have since graduated, you may be eligible to extend your stay or return to Hong Kong under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG).

If you obtained your degree or higher qualification outside of Hong Kong, you may be eligible to immigrate to Hong Kong under the General Employment Policy (GEP). The GEP does not apply to residents of Mainland China.

Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates:

Applying within six months after graduation:

If you have graduated from a Hong Kong educational institution and you start the process of obtaining your visa within six months after graduation, you will not be required to have an offer of employment as a condition of receiving your visa under the IANG.

Applying after six months have passed since graduation:

If six months have passed since you graduated from a Hong Kong university and you are applying under the IANG, you must have secured a bona fide offer of employment when you apply.

Duration of visa:

Your visa and residence permit will be good for an initial period of one year. You may apply for an extension to your visa after this time for a period of two years. The second time you extend your stay, your visa will be valid for an additional two years and the third time you extend your visa it will be valid for a period of three years.

General Employment Policy:

If you wish to immigrate to Hong Kong as a skilled migrant and possess the right qualifications, skills and experience for which Hong Kong desires, you may be eligible to obtain a visa under the GEP.

You must have a confirmed offer of employment when applying and the vacancy must be in an occupation relevant to your skills and qualifications. It should also be an occupation that cannot be easily filed by local labor. Moreover, you must not have a criminal record or otherwise represent a security risk.

If you are a Chinese national living overseas, you may be eligible to come to Hong Kong under the GEP provided that you have permanent residence overseas, and have been residing overseas for at least one year before your application.

Duration of visa:

You may extend your stay in Hong Kong under a GEP visa for a period of two years. The second time you extend your stay, your visa will be valid for an additional two years and the third time you extend your visa it will be valid for a period of three years.

Some of  agencies which deals with immigration process of Hong Kong are as under (Please note these are available and being provided as on the internet and we do not have any affiliation / association with them):

1. Global Vision Edu N Techno Solutions Private Limited at 817, 8th Floor, Devika Towers, Nehru Place, Delhi – 110019.

2. Visas Simply at 807, 43 Chiranjiv Tower, Near Satyam Cinema, Nehru Place, Delhi – 110019.

3. Oasis Resource Management at Chiranjiv Tower, Metro station, Nehru Place, Delhi - 110019.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
20 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles