USA dependent visa H-4 refused under 212(a)(6)(c)(1) with a waiver

Hello, My H-4 visa has been refused under 212(a)(6)(c)(1) with a waiver to apply on the grounds of ineligibility in new delhi, India. I've got married on 19/04/2017 in a temple in front of 8-10 close members of family but we didn't click photographs because we had a grand marriage function lined up in december 2017 when my husband had to come again from US as he was running out of holidays and had a one-month vacation but we registered our marriage in court in april only and applied visa in july,2017. I was served with 221(g) form for photographic evidence of marriage. I showed it in february 2018 as we again did all the wedding rituals in dec,2017 and showed them all wedding rituals photographs of that time.But the consular officer did not accept them saying they want the temple' s wedding photos and refused my Visa and charged to illegally expediting the visa process n misrepresent facts. Please help me. What should i do now? Eagerly waiting for your response. Thank you!

For U.S. immigration purpose, the marriage should be valid per the Hindu Marriage Act applicable in the India jurisdiction. You should have tried to get a certificate from the Priest who performed the initial marriage or an Affidavit from him. Civil marriage is not for Hindus in India. Please schedule a consultation ASAP so that I can guide you on what needs to be done so that you could obtain H-4 visa. I look forward to assisting.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala