USA dependent visa H-4 refused under 212(a)(6)(c)(1) with a waiver

Hello, My H-4 visa has been refused under 212(a)(6)(c)(1) with a waiver to apply on the grounds of ineligibility in new delhi, India. I've got married on 19/04/2017 in a temple in front of 8-10 close members of family but we didn't click photographs because we had a grand marriage function lined up in december 2017 when my husband had to come again from US as he was running out of holidays and had a one-month vacation but we registered our marriage in court in april only and applied visa in july,2017. I was served with 221(g) form for photographic evidence of marriage. I showed it in february 2018 as we again did all the wedding rituals in dec,2017 and showed them all wedding rituals photographs of that time.But the consular officer did not accept them saying they want the temple' s wedding photos and refused my Visa and charged to illegally expediting the visa process n misrepresent facts. Please help me. What should i do now? Eagerly waiting for your response. Thank you!

Answers (1)

285 votes

For U.S. immigration purpose, the marriage should be valid per the Hindu Marriage Act applicable in the India jurisdiction. You should have tried to get a certificate from the Priest who performed the initial marriage or an Affidavit from him. Civil marriage is not for Hindus in India. Please schedule a consultation ASAP so that I can guide you on what needs to be done so that you could obtain H-4 visa. I look forward to assisting.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
20 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles