×

quesUS visa expired. I m still in India. How to apply for H1B visa or J1?

I had a H4 visa valid till 15th march, 2015. I came to India in august 2014 and did not visit USA till date. Now my H4 visa has expired. My husband is in US with H1B visa. Now i wish to change or apply for J1 or H1B visa. Will it be troublesome if i apply it here from India. What should i do?

The quickest and safest route would be obtaining H-4 Visa through the U.S. Consulate/Embassy in India using your Husband's H-1B valid non immigrant status in the United States.

Once in the U.S., you can always do a Change of Status provided you qualify for one.

• ansThe quickest and safest route would be obtaining H-4 Visa through the U.S. Consulate/Embassy in India using your Husband's H-1B valid nonimmigrant status in the United States. Once in the U.S., you can always do a Change of Status provided you qualify for one.

I hope this helps!

• Apply for USA immigration with the help of experienced immigration lawyers
  • Get Visa Application Reviewed By Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Immigration Legal Services