quesUncleared credit card dues in Gulf.

My Husband was working in 2006 in UAE. His employer had taken some credit card on his behalf in Gulf he had assured that he would make the timely payment. My husband came for marriage in 2007 on one moth leave. During that period he received the call from his employer stating that his job has been terminated due to recession. After few month she started receiving call from the bank in Gulf about the unpaid dues. After coordinating with his employer in Dubai the payment was done. But after few years these people have started harassing and calls me in my office and use all offensive language .

  • ansSince your husband has cleared the credit card dues he is not liable to pay anything to the bank. The bank cannot file a lawsuit for recovery against your husband as he has paid the debt. You should record the telephonic conversation when you receive a call the next time. Take the conversation to the nearest police station and file a complaint for criminal intimidation. The caller and the person who sanctioned the call can be arrested and put behind bars. Supreme Court has come down very heavily on banks/financial institutions who employ recovery agents to harass and intimidate the borrowers. Do not accept your liability under any circumstances.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Immigration lawyers in India

Similar questions

My friend was married to an Indian (in Goa) and lived with him in Germany.…
I'm Bangladeshi Hindu. I want to indian legally citizenship. And now I what to do?
I worked in Saudi for 10 years and come to India on vacation for 1…
I work as a Product manager - NRI in a broking firm. We open accounts…

Immigration Lawyers in India

Advocate Geetinder Singh

  Lawrence Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sunderjit Nanua

  Old Post Office Street
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prudhvi Raju

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Arun Kumar

  District Court
 Experience: 25 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly