Passport revoked by furnishing wrong information What can I do

Dear Sir, I have received a letter from the RPO stating that my passports have been revoked under section 10 (3) (b) of the passport Act, 1967 for obtaining passports by furnishing wrong information, directing me to appeal to the CPO new delhi within 30 days. I have no Idea as to how should I go about filing my appeal against the decision by the rpo and how the appeal process work. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Answers (1)

174 votes

If a right to appeal is given the same may be filled with the CPO MEA Patiala House. Normally the appeal is disposed off in 8 weeks if not you may file a writ petition in the Delhi High Court to expedite the appeal and acquire fresh passport facility. Fur further assistance you may contact us as we specialise in Passport Matters.

Apply for Australia immigration with the help of experienced immigration lawyers

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
19 years Experience
Advocate Akshat Mittal
Sector - 4, Panchkula
3 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles