Nationality of a child if mother is Indian but father is from Pakistan

17-Dec-2023 (In Immigration Law)
A Indian woman(with Indian nationality) married to a Pakistani man(Pakistani nationality) and now she wants divorce and there is a daughter(Pakistani born) of around 5 months only. Mother wants to get back to India with her daughter and she wants her daughter to be of Indian nationality. What will be the procedure?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
723 votes
Laws of guardianship is different in both the countries. If you have the valid travel documents like visa , passport of your daughter then travel to India and start the formalities here

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."