Does Last Name change in Passport affect US Visa B1/B2

Hi, Need you expert advise on below query. I changed my Surname in my Passport from Singh to Prashar and I have B1/B2 US valid Visa with singh surname expired in 2026. Can I travel to the US with this visa name Singh surname along with old and new passport and carrying supporting documents for the name change.

Answers (1)

171 votes

Yes of course you can. But I do suggest you consult the US consulate once too because US has state specific laws so while some US states may allow, others may not. So consult the US consulate also....

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
19 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles