×

quesConcern about H1B Visa Processing(Personal Loan Deafult from banks)

Respected Sir/Mam I have taken the personal loan of 10 lacs from HDFC Bank and 10 lacs from ICICI Bank.I initially paid the 3 EMI's but after that I lost my job. And unfortunately I didn't paid any EMI for past 2 months .But I haven't been yet contacted by the bank yet. I recently got the new job and my H1B petition for US has been approved. So I just wanted to know that whether this default can cause any issue during the processing of my H1B Visa? I mean during stamping of my H1B Visa for USA. After going to USA , I can do some savings . And can do the settlement thereafter. Kindly reply .

• ansNot paying off a personal loan is not an inadmissibility ground under the Immigration and Nationality Act. You should not face any problem at the U.S. Consulate during your visa interview. However, not paying off your loan may affect your credit ratings in India. Be confident and get all the required paperwork regarding your prospective employment in the United States on an H-1B visa. Good luck.