Already having H1B visa can i apply for B1 visa again?

I was working in US and have H1B stamped in passport and Green card application is in progress. Now I am in India and want to visit US for business meetings for same employer. Q1: Can I file for B1 when I already have H1 stamped in passport? Q2: Will there be any adverse impact on H1 if I file for B1? Will my H1 get cancelled?

One can have multiple visas stamped in the passport at the same time. Because the purpose of creating B-1 and H-1B visa categories were different, you can hold both visas simultaneously. Holding one will not impact the other. You should specifically make the Consular Officer that you want to keep the H-1B visa for future work related travel to the United States.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Agarkar
Sun Farmer Road, Vadodara
Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh
JMD Regent Square, Gurgaon