Want to know is GST applicable in private hostel business

HI SIR, We are a Private LTD company based in gurgaon. we are running a Pvt Hostel and providing Boarding & Lodging services to the students of another company who is running a Govt Funded skill development program. we are charging a Rent of Rs. 7000 Per month/per student to that skill development company. do we need to charge GST on our Bill thanks

Sir,
This needs more examination of the transaction. Whether you are charging from student or from the company who is conducting Govt. funded skill development program. The educational fee of the Skill development program is exempted from GST.

Yes, When you are providing services to any company whether private or Government, you need to add Goods and Service Tax to your bill subsequently in the hostel service the GST is 5% as Skill development is their mode of operation and your mode of operation is hostel service.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Ruchira Chaudhary
Sector 50, Gurgaon
Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao
K G Road, Bangalore
Advocate Deepak Gandhi