×

Clarification regarding GST charged by builder for ready to move flat.

GST AROUND 4.45LACS CHARGED FOR 35LACS PROJECT COST READY TO MOVE FLAT .BELOW 30TH JUNE 3.5 LACS GIVEN TO BUILDER AFTER 30TH JUNE 31 LAC 50 000 GIVEN. IS THIS GST WORTH OR NOT RECIEPT OF GST NOT GIVEN BY THE BUILDER

For a ready to move flat no GST is payable because this is an immovable property and not goods. Also as no concept of inputs used in its construction is available for abatement or set-off & thus making the flat price inclusive of the input tax element.

But if it is under-constructed flat, GST is payable at 18% effectively making the GST 12% on the value of the house less input GST from which house was made.

If your flat was Ready to move in flat that the GST charged by the builder is illegal. Tell him to give you the receipt stating that it was GST deduction and we can challenge it in court.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
Advocate Ruchira Chaudhary
Sector 50, Gurgaon
Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao
K G Road, Bangalore
Advocate Charu Mathur
Supreme Court of India, Delhi