Clarification on payment of penalty for wrongly filing GST return

In GST Law
he is filed his GST Return for the F.Y. 2017-18 and he is just doing job work so no any way to got the credit and GST in his account. but by mistake he is credit claim of GST challan. And his credit register on his portal. so i want to know how to correct it and how much paid GST with interest or any other penalty with the amount.

Answers (2)

317 votes
You question is not clear but what i understand is you have taken a gst registration and doing job work for the companies and while filing gst return u have taken input tax credit for the material which came on challan.

See if you have filled the return and submitted you can not correct write now in future when gstr2 reconcillation and gstr3 filing start then all will be correct automatically
Now what u can do is contactus we will see ur account what and how u have filed the return . If it is posiible we will correct it and u dont worry file ur upcoming returns correctly

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


321 votes
Let me first understand the transaction. Please provide complete details. You are job worker, under GST Law , there is two type of transaction. First receipt of the goods from principal manufacturer. Then sending goods after processing of job work. These activities are undertaken should be done GST Challan along with E-Way Bill. You are raising Invoices of job work on which you will be charging GST On it. This precise transaction nature.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the GST Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."