×

queswhat to do when wife falsely implicates in a case and asks for money?

2 years ago, a marriage happened in my relative's family. The Girl stayed with us for 2 months and for 3 months she stayed at her parent’s house. We objected but she did not come back. She says she will not come back unless the boy stays in a separate house. 

We also filed section 9 conjugal rights. They replied putting false allegations like harassment, dowry, etc on the boy and they also went to the mahila aayog who are not willing on settling the situation. 

The girl demands all jewellery and 7 lacs as the money spent on marriage. We have no jewellery as she has taken it all. What should we do in this case?

First of all, we will have to examine the prayer in the reply of your wife filed for your petition filed under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.

Secondly, we would like to know whether any Criminal Complaint for dowry has been filed against you by your wife at the nearest police station.

In case no complaint is filed against you, in such a case you are not bound to give any jewellery or Rs. 7 lacs and further we would suggest you not to do any settlement with the Mahila aayog. 

Further, we would suggest you to file the response to the application filed by your wife denying all the allegations levied against you. On being satisfied, after hearing both the parties, the Court will pass its order.