queswhat to do when wife falsely implicates in a case and asks for money?

2 years ago, a marriage happened in my relative's family. The Girl stayed with us for 2 months and for 3 months she stayed at her parent’s house. We objected but she did not come back. She says she will not come back unless the boy stays in a separate house. 


We also filed section 9 conjugal rights. They replied putting false allegations like harassment, dowry, etc on the boy and they also went to the mahila aayog who are not willing on settling the situation. 


The girl demands all jewellery and 7 lacs as the money spent on marriage. We have no jewellery as she has taken it all. What should we do in this case?


  • ans


    First of all, we will have to examine the prayer in the reply of your wife filed for your petition filed under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.


    Secondly, we would like to know whether any Criminal Complaint for dowry has been filed against you by your wife at the nearest police station.


    In case no complaint is filed against you, in such a case you are not bound to give any jewellery or Rs. 7 lacs and further we would suggest you not to do any settlement with the Mahila aayog. 


    Further, we would suggest you to file the response to the application filed by your wife denying all the allegations levied against you. On being satisfied, after hearing both the parties, the Court will pass its order.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother is schizophrenic. She fancies that my father has multiple affairs, blaming him everyday…
We had lots of fights in the future and i doubt he was having an…
My grandmother ( maternal) is 75 years old lady. Her daughter in law use to…
Hello, I am Madhulika , I got married in 2013 july , my in laws…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>