What to do if my father harasses me

Since childhood I was torcherd by my father he also torcherd my mom .he beat me severely.My mom didn't take any step because of fear of defame ...but it's too much for me I can't bear any more em 19 yrs old em student of b.pharma 2nd year .I want to live seperately from family but he didn't let me go .my sisters also want to make my life hell along with my father..em alone nobody is supporting me I want to know what are laws made for this case and know will I get rid of this hell .He is lewd man with no emotion ..I can earn by my own I don't want any financial support from my family. I only want to go away from this home ..if I will stay here he will kill me . sometimes I thought to talk about this to college director so that some how he would help .I feel shame to say all this I don't know whether he will believe me or not

Answers (2)

349 votes

1. Don't feel ashamed , if a person , even if it's your father can't act or behave in a particular manner no one can be held responsible for that.
2. Yes there are many laws to pull you out of the said situation.
3. Considering that your mother has kept a mum I guess she isn't independent enough
4. Yes. I know this feeling we feel outraged and wish to get out of ten situation asap. But think of the long term
As soon as you will file a case or even a complaint he will take extreme steps , so you need to have a proper cushion and independence and alternative source of income Nd residential set up to be able to be separated from him
5. The protection of women from domestic violence act is the answers you are looking for , in this act various orders - like maintenance, protection etc are passed in favour of the aggreived person for their safeguard-- but I've being court case , takes a lot of time.
6. You can approach the women cell , it helps you file anonymous complaint as well. And then tries to talk the parties out so that both the complainant / victims and abuser are able to reach a peaceful situation if not an FIR is filed.

You can contact me further. For more details.
I am here to talk.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

124 votes

As far as concern of this matter now you became major and you are now free to do what you want to do no person can compelled to live with him without you own wish if you are earning then you should go and give a complaint to nearby ps

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."