What to do if daughter is harrasing and torturing mother

I am a Hindu lady 46 years old and my daughter is 26 years and I am a single mother. She is been the most difficult child since childhood and as everyone advised and normally we think that with time and age she will change and realise.but with time and age she become more aggressive, and difficult to live with. she keep abusing and harrasing me.. threatens me, embarrass me in front of my circle / family and out in society.. her language is so abusive and dangerous that nobody can compete her so my parents and other family members avoid getting into any dirty abusive situation.. she doesn't think once about respect or society before humiliating me anywhere in any situation . She has raised her hand on me few times.I stay on rent and don't have regular fixed income or any financial safety fr me and fr her. but I tried my best to raise her and fulfil all her needs nd taken care of my responsibilities towards her as a single mother but coz I m nt financially strong so she torture me mo

Answers (1)

Hi , Good morning ,
Now as per Honorable Supreme Court direction u can file a case under domestic violence act
against any woman in domestic relationship. So u can demand protection against ur daughter in d.v act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My husband left the home leaving my daughter and me at my sister's home. Now, he went back to his family and telling lie to my parents, when they …

Read More

I am male.I love a girl who is my fathers sisters daughter but she becomes cousin to my mom...! So can i marry her from father side relation…

Read More

As religion i'am Hindu, And i wanted to merry with maternal uncle daughater. Can you help me out.…

Read More

Iam a government service person Suddenly i got transfer for some days i sent my wife to here parents house after that she is not coming to family life…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue