What to do if court has rejected maintenance

Hello sir .. I m 34 yrs female Hindu religion . marriage held 8 yrs back .I appealed for maintenance.. under 125 crpc..I m educated qualified lady... The judge rejected my maintenance for this n grated to my son...wt will be the next will I do

Answers (2)

191 votes

You can prefer an appeal on the order of the lower court, but you need to keep in mind that you should convince the Court that even though you are an educated qualified lady, you do not have any other source of living.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

232 votes

Maintenance under section 125 of Cr.P.C is awarded only in cases where the woman is not in a position to maintain herself. Under the provision of section 24 HMA you claim maintenance even on the basis of difference in lifestyle.
You can go in appeal against the present decision before the High Court by way of criminal revision under section 19(4) of Family Courts Act

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."