What is the amount of maintenance that a wife can claim

I am having 9 months old son. His father left him and me at my mother home.Till now 5 months have been passed he has not visited us neither given maintenance. I am postgraduate but not working and he is earning rs.50,000 per month. How much maintenance l can get?

Answers (3)

You and yous son can claim maintenance from the father of your son. You can file maintenance petition under section 125 Cr. P.C. and also under the provisions of DV Act. the amount of maintenance is decided by the Court by keeping in view the income of the husband, his other liabilities, age of the child etc. fi he is earning Rs. 50,000/- per month and you can prove that in the Court, you may get Rs.15,000-20,000 per month. Rest all depends on the wisdom of the Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Don’t worry there are lot of provisions in your favour. You can get compensation under section 125 of crpc and u are also entitled for compensation under section 12 of domestic violence act. Your child is also entitled for maintenance and compensation. U can also file criminal complaint under section 498 a of ipc.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer
Nampally, Hyderabad
12 years Experience

It will be 1/3 of your total income. Court can be order any other amout also like 5000, 7000 its depent on lawyer what type of arguments he will give in court. So you hire a good lawyer in this case..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Can a widow through her will write the property in one child's name, though she has more children. The property was her husband's who did not …

Read More

Dear sir/madam, My brother in law is not taking my sister to his home last 2years.he have affair with some other girl. What to we want to take divorce…

Read More

My maternal grandfather and mother has been falsely framed in a dowry case (498) and the court has punished them for 3 yrs of imprisonment. My aunt ha…

Read More

my mother is the first wife of my father and not divorced.he got second marriage with expartee divorce.but that on court notice he changed my mother&#…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue