What can I do if my wife is demanding for divorce and money

My wife not staying with me from last 3 years.I want to stay with her but he doesn't want to stay with me.her demand for divorce is 20 lakhs.I can not full fill this amount. I am a ordinary man.what can i do.

Answers (3)

332 votes

Send her legal notice to come n stay with matrimoney house. U may file petition to come and stay with u i.e. Restitution of conjugnal Rights under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act.
Then it will help to reduce the maintence amount if she maintence money at the time of divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

On very very urgent basis you need to file a petition under section 9 of Hindu M. Act, by which your side be opened to all that, you want to reconcile the dispute,
Restitution of Conjugal Rights is best option for you to Avoid Divorce.

For any kind of Law support and legal services at Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad contact us at
Adv. Gurchal And Associates Law Services, Moshi, Pune.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
66 votes

That you can petition under section 9 for restitution of conjugal rights which mean are ready to cohabit or if you don’t want to give 20 lakhs then file divorce petition on the ground of deseration which you and wish are living separate for more than 2 years

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."