×

queswant to divide property based on will after 20 years

There are 8 brother and sisters and the will was made while mother was still alive but it was not divided according to the will and it kept pending till 20 yrs. Now one wants to give their share as gift deed to other brother. what are the procedures?

• ansIs your mother alive? If she is no more then the contents of the WILL will take effect. Family settlement deed can be entered into by brothers & sisters and have it duly stamped and registered. Relinquishment deed can be executed in favour of other legal heir or any legal heir can execute registered gift deed in favour of any other legal heir.