Torture from my husband and parents, what to do

I dnt want to live with my husband he's daily torturing me and abusing me with bad words but my father is not understanding my pain he's telling me to live with my husband I'm frustrated with my life and feeling like dying please help me

Answers (3)

329 votes

File a police complaint in a nearby police station or approach a counselling office for counselling for you and your husband and then file a litigation. Don't take any extreme step instead take help from legal authorities.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes

Madam, If you don't want to live with him permanently, then you can file Divorce Petition before the Family Court on the cruality ground. You can file domestic violance case against your husband and his parents. You can also file dowry harassment case against the husband and his parents. In turn you can get mantenanace from your husband by filing Crl.Misc case under section 125 of the CrPC. These are all remedy for you in your hand, you can use it accordance with law.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
85 votes

File complaint against your husband under 498-A for physical and mental cruelty,first file a complaint before police station against your husband and your parents by showing the evidence to the police station to establish that their is harassment and make an first information report . The proceedings will start before the court your husband may give undertaking saying that he will look after you well,if not file for divorce under cruelty and take maintenance and divorce before family court

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."