Restraining order against family members

19-May-2024 (In Family Law)
Is it possible to take restraining order against family members?. I don't want anything from my parents instead they have taken my money by wrongful means. They are continously harassing using different means. Please suggest what to do in this case

Answer #1
restraining order against your family members that you want to take regarding what problem that you are facing. have you complaint about it somewhere. harasssing you regarding what. state some more information regarding this
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
First of all rather than going legally you should serve him/her a legal notice and in that notice you can write that either pay my money or face legal action which will be at your own risk. After that if he/she fails to give you a satisfactory reply then you can anytime file a recovery suit in the court to claim your money back along with compensations.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
A legal notice for seeking the restraint can be issued against them and in case if the demand is not met out, then in the legal course, a suit for injunction can be filed against them. However, the exact means as to how they are harassing you will be a determinant factor to consider whether such recourse is available to you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
Yes, it is possible to take restraining orders against family members, including parents, under Indian laws. In India, restraining orders are typically issued in the form of temporary or permanent injunctions, which are judicial remedies that mandate a person to do or refrain from doing something. There are covered under civil procedure code & specific relief act under Indian laws.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato