Continue to LawRato.com with Google



I like to marry a women who is already married and also has a husband who also has no objection to this marriage. I have already lost my wife a year ago. The prospective bride is a government servant and her husband is also goverment servant. What is the relevance and under which act thjis alliance can take place. Regards. Chander B.Sharma

Answers (4)

Dear Mr. Sharma,

You cannot marry a married woman. No man or woman can marry while his/ her spouse is alive and when they are still husband and wife. Law does not recognize any marriage in which either the husband or the wife has a living spouse.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per law you can marry with the lady after she gets divorce from her husband, otherwise your marriage would not be legal. If her husband is ready then it would be very easy to dissolve the marriage and solemnize the second marriage.
Revert me if you need any assistance.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Your matter will go accordingly under the provision of section 13 (A) and (B) of HMA.
First they both will obtain Divorce decree by mutual concent from concerned court than you are legally entitled to get marry to the woman.

Mr. Sharma, Indian laws do permit a second marriage during the subsistence of the first marriage. The lady needs to get a divorce from her present marriage before you can marry her. Her employment is not relevant for the present issue at hand.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I filed 3 Cases agnst my hubby,his sis and his mom...dovry... abortion... physicaly torchrd... now my hsbnd relisd evrythng n said tat we will live se…

Read More

Plzz help me ,my parents torture me physically and mentally ,and refused me to go to college and every year is very important for me I can't lose it ,…

Read More

He there, m Rahul I have to ask you something plz let me know what to do, m 28 years and I used to drugs but from last 3 months I give up but now I ha…

Read More

Hello sir, I am married and I am shifted to my father's house & living there permanently.My brother's wife's house constantly give thr…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue