Procedure to marry portugal women in India

Hallo, How can i marry with Portugal women in India, which Document need, thanks

Answers (2)

229 votes

In India there is special marriage act under which two majors can marry. You can file an application before a marriage officer in punjab it's deputy commissioners who are marriage officer. The applications is filed in seven copies affixing photos of both of you alongwith their identity proof and residential proof and proof of date of birth alongwith three witnesses. The marriage officer fixes the date about 35/40 days during this period publications is done in newspapers and notice is also sent to the parents of the parties then on the date fixed marriage is performed bt the marriage officer in the presence of three witnesses

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

254 votes

Yes you can get marry with her, but your marriage will be solemnized under special marriage act, it takes 40 days to get marriage certificate, you both should be present, you should have your birth certificate and address proof and 3 witness.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."