My friend getting beaten up by her husband and in laws what to do

Hindu family. My house owner's daughter in law is been tortured and sometimes beaten up by her husband family. since she is not allowed to go out she asked for help even i can help her directly because my husband does like this he fears if they ask us to vacant. but i could not keep mum after all poor women got beaten up today also. no support from her parents side how can i help her anonymously. please suggest.

Answers (1)

122 votes
1. She can immediately lodge a police complaint u/s498A of IPC against her husband and inlaws for subjecting her to cruelty . After filing this complaint, her  husband & inlaws will run around and spend considerable amount of money to get anticipatory bail,

2. She can then file DV case asking for residential right, maintenance (if she is unemployed), protection etc.,

3. Finally she can propose them mutual consent divorce against lumsum amount as compensation,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."