My bhabhi controls the house and even hits me and my mother often

My bhabhi abuses us a lot and even hits me and my mother very often. My brother is stuck between her and us. Our house is in the name of my parents. Can my bhabhi claim any stake in the property if my parents ask her to leave the house?

Answers (1)

352 votes

In your situation,
Your mother should file a complaint in the women's cell regarding the physical abuse from her daughter-in-law.
You mother can also file a case of domestic violence against her daughter-in-law.

Regarding the share in the property,
The wife in not entitled to the share in property of her husbands parents.
She can only claim the share in her husbands property.

Click here to find the best Civil lawyer in your city.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."