quesMother dies without writing a will, what next?

My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father.My mother was the sole owner of the house.My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in Delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child

  • ansYou can transfer your share in favor of your father by way of deed of gift or deed of relinquishment However I may inform if you plan to sell the house then there is no need to make your father as sole owner. Both of you can jointly sell the house as to make your father sole owner you need to unnecessarily fork out money towards stamp duty and registration fees.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

My 4 sisters had taken away property doc,cash,bank/PO deposites,ornaments of my parentes.I was working to…
my sister married for five years n from the starting there was some minor issues…
My Uncle has purchased an agriculture land by taking amount from the HUF account and…
me and my wife ready fir separation.. we both want divorce.. what is the process..…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Preeti Joshi

  District Court
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>