Mental Harassment by family members after marriage

I got married last year, I have done my post graduate and I am a bharatnatyam dancer. I got marry a person who has studied only 10th std and alll it happened because of his family force. every day they use to call me and asking to marry that guy even i also thought age is going so got marry. The first day only got to know that he doesnt have capacity to give the baby and he is not fit to live the marriage life. When the marriage time his mother and sisters said that they have a property and they give to me a portion. they gave forcefully after long discussion and fighting. Now she is forcing to give back that property and he is also everyday giving mental torcher, 2 months before i took him hospital because he got injured but the wound was not healing so i got a doubt if he has sugar, my doubt was correct, the doctors says he might have sugar from last 8 to 10 years. i am ok whatever he has. but the matter is he is not ready to space

Answers (1)

225 votes

See firstly you will have to make up your mind whether you want to stay with him or you wish to separate. If you are wish to separate then you can file for divorce on multiple grounds like cruelty fraud, impotency etc.
However if you wish to stay with your husband then you can file a case of Domestic Violence Act and get the desired order.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."