Married Daughter share in Rent income.

My mother is the sole owner on my Late Fathers Rented building. She has already divided the rent income in 3 parts(Hers and my 2 brothers)without my approval. I`m the youngest married daughter. Can I claim a share in the same ? Am I eligible to be part of it?

Answers (1)

267 votes

Assuming that the property was self acquired by your father and he did not leave behind a will all of you will have an equal share in the same. In case you are being denied your share a suit for partition may be instituted so that you may be awarded your share in the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."