Marriage of an Indian boy with the Jordanian lady

Hello Sir, I am Indian Citizen and wish to marry Jordanian Lady. What are scope within Indian present law to marry foreigner and avail all the benefits under the same. We both are Muslim by faith. Regards,

Answers (2)

129 votes

Hello Dear,
As per your query your marriage will be governed by, special marriage act 1954.
And according to this act your marriage will be conduct by the office along with the declaration of parties and witnesses from both the party.
After marriage your wife will have all rights in India as you are having .
For more about your quiry.
Contact us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

74 votes

You can go for solemnization of the marriage under the Special Marriage Act, if you want it to be a registered one. Otherwise, being from the same faith you can solemnize "Nikah" here as per Muslim rituals.

Under Special Marriage Act, you have to move the first Application and appear before the concerned SDM and after a hiatus of a month you again need to move the second Application and appear before the concerned SDM and thereafter you will be given a certificate of Marriage.

Since, it will be a marriage under a Special Law none of the Shariat Law will be applicable on you couple and everything would be guided by this special codified law.

Please check from the boy as to whether the laws of his country requires any "No objection" from the Consulate of his country, as for similar such marriage between an Indian boy and a French lady, the same was required from the French Embassy.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."