Legal remedy for parents interference in their child's life

I do not want interference from my parents nor their property . I want to keep away from them. There is an difference between my mom and dad and now it's been 8-9 years . Because of difference between my parents my life and my sibling are effected and there are lot of difference. We all lost trust on one another. They do not treat me like their own kin, They treat me like a commodity. For them i am just a money making machine, They are emotionally torturing me for money saying it's my responsibility to take care of them and to get my sister married . They want me to get married as per their choice, They do not want to do anything in the home, They want me to earn and give them my whole salary. Don't i have a life, Am i any bonded slave to them . Don't i have right to lead my life on my terms and conditions. Is there any law points that need to be considered if i have to stay away from them. please advise.

Answers (1)

125 votes

You can move out of the house and live on your own without having any interference from them and you don't need any legal help in this matter. However, if they visit your home, harass you or cause any trouble to you then you can inform the police and later take injunction order from the court to help your present condition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."