Legal action against domestic violence by father

This case is about my wife. She is the eldest of three children of her parents. Her father has suspected that she is born out of some illicit relationship of her mother. So he has not taken any responsibility of her regarding education etc. He has meted out inhuman treatments to her, such as frequent beating , offering unhealthy food etc. He did not divorce her mother. Ultimately my wife was educated by her maternal uncle and maternal grandmother. The marriage expenses was also born by her maternal uncle. Her father has just done the kanyadan. Otherwise her father is a multi-crore businessman.

What criminal action can be taken against her father?

This is a domestic violence case and not criminal case. You need to ask your wife to claim her share in her father's property, file civil suit against her father.