Is it illegal to approach a girl's family for marriage

Dear Sir / Ma'am, I approached a family of a girl for giving marriage proposal on my personal behalf. She was a fellow student at my college but not a friend. She neither gave any personal information like contact number or address, rather I never asked. Recently, I got her CV on the website where she had started teaching in an collage where her address was mentioned. Can you please tell me is it legally wrong as per any of the Indian Penal Court laws in any way to physically visit her place to approach her parents at the stated address in CV to place a potential marriage proposal? If yes, then please provide the section and other relevant details. We both are Hindu. Thanks

Visiting her parents for marriage proposal wont be wrong . but if hey refuse and you still persue the matter that may be counted as harrasment and violation of personal liberty. on the other hand if you approach the girl and she feels offended it will be offence u/s 354 IPC. so approaching the parents of the girl is not a problem. the problem would only be if the do not give consent and you still persue the matter.

No , Its Normal . If you not done anything wrong in her house then no problem. If you have not forced related to marriage. Then no problem . Other think will say after discuss full information related this matter.