I have eloped with a girl who is a minor, what to do

I am 17years old my lover is18 can we elope without disturbance of her family what should I do to inform police before eloping so that no fir can be filled against me

Answers (2)

246 votes

Dear client,
If you want to marry with each other then you will have to wait for one year because you have not crossed the age of poverty.
In our country it is not permissible because you are not major so I'll advise you that you should wait for one year.
Akash Sharma Advocate High Court Allahabad.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

282 votes

Since you are still a minor, eloping would be the worst thing to do. It would not only get you in trouble but your lover could also face charges of kidnapping, etc. Try talking to your family or wait it out till you both reach adulthood and can be held legally liable for your own decisions.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."